Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Way to go Idaho!

Andrew and I had a lot of fun this weekend.  We headed up to Preston, Idaho to visit Andrew's grandparents.  On the way, we stopped by my old roommates wedding reception in Logan, Utah.  It was a lot of fun to see them glowing and so excited to be married (I can't blame them, being married is the best!).

After the reception, Andrew and I made the rest of the trek up to Idaho.  It is so pretty up there now with the leaves changing and the crisp, autumn air.  Andrew had to work on homework a lot of the time because his course load right now is pretty crazy, but we had a lot of fun playing games with his grandma and grandpa.  While he was doing homework, his grandma showed me some fun pictures of him and his relatives from back in the day.  He was such a cute kid!  We played a lot of Hand and Foot and Skip-Bo.  Andrew and his grandpa are seriously competitive, so it was quite funny when his grandma and I beat them every time at Skip-Bo!

On the way back we stopped at his family's house and had an amazing home-cooked meal.  I know I make meals all the time, but there's just something about a mother's cooking that can't be beat.  We stopped by his Granda Olsen's house and we picked a ton of tomatoes, which we have been eating like apples- they are soo good!

It was a fantastic weekend, but I must admit I'm glad to be home, too.  We really do have the best lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment