Friday, October 30, 2009

Once again, Andrew and I are sitting in the clubhouse of our apartment complex working off our rent.  It really is a sweet deal.  Andrew is working on his homework, and I just went up and made us dinner and now I'm sitting down to finish wedding thank you cards.  Those thank yous are killer!

This week has been good.  We've managed to stay super busy.  I think the craziest day was Wednesday, which was our first time doing cleaning checks.  There are 42 apartments in our building for us to check, and it takes FOREVER- about 5 hours from start to finish.  Andrew has been swamped with homework and research for his job, so I decided it would be best if he worked on that while I did the cleaning checks.  So I set out for the big adventure about 5.  Some of the apartments were super clean, but others of them were not.  I couldn't believe how messy and disgustingly some people live!  Luckily I survived, and I only received a couple of hate calls afterward.  And when I got back Andrew had made a yummy dinner and cleaned the entire apartment!  What a great husband!

That same night Andrew had to finish a take-home test for one of his graduate classes.  He worked on it quite a bit throughout the week, but it was so time consuming that it took him until 2:30 in the morning the night before it was due.  However, it sounds like that wasn't too bad compared to some of the other students, one of which was in her office until 8:30am!   His classes are very demanding, but he loves studying statistics.  He's been interviewing for a few summer internships, but we're not sure what we'll do yet.  We have a great deal working off our rent where we live now, which we don't want to miss out on.

Life is great for us, though.  We're happy and love being married.  We had our six month wedding anniversary Sunday!  It sure has flown by, and it just keeps getting better!

1 comment:

  1. Andrea! I just found your blog, and I absolutely loved reading about your adventures. It sounds like you are really SO happy, just like we always talked about. I'm glad you still have the ability to create a fun time out of anything! I'm so excited to stay in touch with you through your blog!

    ReplyDelete