Thursday, February 16, 2012

the BIG two-five

On Valentines Day I turned 25!  I'm actually 2 1/2 weeks older than Andrew, so March 4th he'll join me in being a quarter of a century old! This is the first birthday I've truly felt like an adult: 25, married for about 3 years, graduated from college for a few years, and we have a baby! I can't believe how fast life has happened, but it's been a great 25 years so far!

Andrew got me a dozen beautiful roses!


I also received a number of cards (and Jake and Andrew too for Valentines day)- we love getting mail.  Jake got a whole Valentines Day package from his Grandma and Grandpa Olsen, including socks, pacifier's, a new cute church outfit, shoes, and books.  I thought it was really cute that Andrew had Jake give me a birthday and Valentine's day card.


We had a pretty relaxing morning and then went out to a late lunch/early dinner at Chili's.  That was Jake's first time out to eat, and I'm pretty sure he never even realized we were gone because his eyes didn't open once.   Andrew and I had fun, though!  Then after that we went on a quick birthday shopping trip- I wanted a new shirt because my old one's still aren't fitting the best after having Jake.  Andrew pushed him around in the stroller, and again, I'm not sure our little guy even realized we left our apartment.  I found a good deal at New York and Company and ended up with 2 shirts using some of my birthday money.  It was really nice to just get out of the apartment.  I REALLY like where we live, but we haven't left much for fear of getting the baby sick.



Andrew and I are currently in the middle of a Harry Potter movie marathon, so we watched number 5 and snuggled with baby Jake. 




I'm not really a cake person, so Andrew surprised me with ingredients to make chocolate covered mandarin oranges and strawberries instead- SO much better!




I had a great birthday and have had a wonderful 25 years- life keeps getting better and I can't wait to see what the next quarter of a century holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment