Friday, February 24, 2012

Back to Work!

February 21st.  The day I dreaded since clocking out for the last time December 22nd.  The day I went back to work...

Well that was Tuesday and it actually hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought.  I spoke with my boss and she said as long as I am getting all my work done, it's alright if I don't meet the 40 hour/week requirement (at least for now).  What a relief!  I have been so blessed and have been able to get things done quickly.  I know the work will start to pile up here soon, but I've been able to get more than enough done in about 6 hours/day instead of the typical 8.

I'm also lucky in that I don't have to leave my little man with anyone else- working from home has it's ups and downs, but that is the biggest "up" there is.  I actually have a pretty good schedule down and work during the late morning until dinnertime (which is when he is most sleepy) with a few breaks for feeding him and changing his diaper- with some play time mixed in there.  He usually wakes up around 7pm and spends most of the evening bright-eyed and bushy tailed, which I have come to love.  I feed him for the last time at 10pm and he's been pretty good at falling asleep when he finishes at about 10:30.  Andrew and I have also been extremely blessed in that since I've started working again, Jake has slept a million times better.  He was still waking up every 3-4 hours with an occasional 5 hour stretch, which we would jump for joy about just last week.  However, he's now doing about 10:30pm-6ish am.  It's only been for a few days now, but I sure hope that keeps up.  What a blessing!

Here's where Jake spends a lot of the time that I'm working


I love the funny faces he pulls- he is always experimenting with moving his face around, and it is so fun to watch!





I feel very blessed to be able to work from home- it's the only way Andrew and I will make it through all this school without student loans.  So far so good- we each have a bachelor's degree, he has his master's, and only a few more years until we're done with school for good :)  I'm excited for the poor college student stage to end and have a real income someday, but I am loving every moment of it right now.  Life really is great!

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you've made it so far with no loans!! We had to take some out the semester Rachel was born. What a blessing!

    What kind of work/job do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to be able to work from home, to spend time with your baby, and not to have loans! I'm very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! We feel so blessed! I work as a legal assistant for a law office reading medical records determining if people have good social security claims. Definitely interesting!

    ReplyDelete