Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend in Wadsworth

This weekend we went and stayed with my family in Wadsworth, my hometown.  Our dog is the most outwardly excited when we go.  He knows when we start packing up that we might be going to visit, and when we ask if he wants to go see Steve, my family's dog, he about loses his mind.

Andrew, Jake, and I are always excited to go, but at least we don't whine by the door until we leave.

We decided to go this particular weekend because my sister Kim and her husband Darrell ran the Akron 1/2 marathon!






We were so proud watching them finish the race.  That's quite the accomplishment!

They were done running by 9:45am, so we had a whole day of fun after that!  First, the girls went shopping.  No offense to Andrew, but shopping with them was so much more fun.  We all readily agreed that our husbands aren't much for shopping :)  And we'll get to have some girl time next weekend, too.  I'm very glad to have my mom and sister so close!

My dad took Andrew and I to an apple orchard in the afternoon.  We got a 1/2 peck of apples and are excited to eat them.  Ohio apples in the fall are delicious!

My grandparents came over in the evening and we enjoyed a non-Thanksgiving turkey dinner prepared by my mom.  MMM!  Poor Jake was stuck with a tub of prunes and apples mixed.  He liked it, but only because he didn't know what he was missing out on!


We had fun relaxing with football games on and being entertained by Jake after dinner.  Mom mom bought a singing dog dressed up as a ghost that plays the tune of Ghostbuster's.  Jake did NOT know what to think about it.


He really enjoyed having new terrain to explore (since this is his first time at their house now that he can crawl), and he definitely loved having an audience to perform for.  He's such a cheeser and quite animated.  So much personality for such a little boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment