Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fun Weekend

Andrew and I had a fun weekend- busy- but fun.  Friday night we went to Divine Comedy on campus with our friends Ryan and Sarah.  The boys dropped us girls off at the door and went and parked the car while we got in line.  We walked around looking for the end of it- which was all the way upstairs through mazes of people at the JSB at BYU.  Although the line was long, the show was good and we had a lot of fun with them.

Saturday evening Andrew's family came over for Olsen family game night.  We rotate who hosts the party every month, and this time it was our turn.  It was a little cramped in our tiny apartment, and we had no problems staying plenty warm.  We played ImagineIf, Mad Gab, and Apples to Apples- some of my favorite games.  It's nice to just hang out and play games together.  Andrew's little sister, Maddie, seemed to win everything.  But as competitive as the rest of the family is, I don't think there were any hurt feelings (which is pretty impressive now that I think about it!).

Sunday Andrew and I went to the Christmas Devotional in Salt Lake City with my little brother Kory.  It was fun to  drive up there with him- he's quite entertaining.  The air is soooo gross here right now.  You can see the pollution all around you, and it even tastes bad!  The devotional was really nice, and I am super excited that it's the Christmas season.  I love that people are all a little nicer and more willing to help eachother. 

This week has been pretty hectic as well.  Tuesday we worked at the Branbury clubhouse from 5-11.  I actually left Andrew for awhile and went and babysat with my good friend from work.  The baby (our other friend from work's son) is 9 weeks old and so cute.  He clearly has barfing problems, though, and the two of us and her husband were all hit by the end of the night.  The funniest thing that happened was when it was my turn to change his diaper and the air hit and there was a stream of pee straight onto my friend's carpet.  Luckily she though it was as funny as I did, and we laughed so hard that her husband came down to see what was going on.  I came home and told Andrew that when we have kids we may have to keep a Christmas tree up all year because every time he cried, we'd hold him up in front of the tree and he would be happy again.  I guess he likes Christmas as much as me!

Well Wednesday was my work Christmas party, which was fun.  I'm lucky to work with great people, so we had a good time.  Tonight we're back at the Branbury working from 5-11, and this time Andrew left me to go run some errands.  Hopefully he'll get back soon, though, because I am STARVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment