Monday, March 5, 2012

Our 2 month old cutie!

I feel like  lot has happened in the past week or so! 

It was 69 degrees one day last week, so we took Jake on his first walk- he looked around and seemed to enjoy himself the first half, but crashed and didn't see the second part at all.  Our dog Kyle had a great time, and it was nice for Andrew and I to get out and just chat.




Jake is becoming more and more fun by the day.  He now smiles easily and often and laughs when he's particularly happy.  Unfortunately as soon as the camera or video recorder come out he becomes mesmerized by them and stops smiling to try to figure out what's going on.



He still doesn't really enjoy bath time, but he's at least tolerant of it.  I love how he smells when he gets out and how cuddly he is- I always wrap him up in a fuzzy blanket and snuggle with him until he falls asleep after his baths.  I very much enjoy bath days!



I can't help but take pictures of him sometimes because he looks so cute and I know he won't be like this forever.  I really can't believe how fast he's growing!





On Thursday my brother-in-law Darrell came to visit Wright State University in Dayton, which is about an hour from Columbus, where we live.  We met up with him for dinner at Texas Roadhouse just across the road from campus.  It was really good to see him and fun for little Jake to spend time with his Uncle Darrell.  We're REALLY hoping he accepts the offer for graduate school here.





Our dog Kyle has really taken to Jake recently.  He always wants to be right next to him.  Jake notices him sometimes and his eyes get really big.  I think these two will be the best of friends here in a year or two.


Jake had his 2 month appointment Thursday and he is pretty much an average-sized baby.  He is 22.8 inches long (43rd percentile), 11 lbs 12 oz (50th percentile), and his head circumference is 15.75 inches (51st percentile).  He screamed for a second with his shots and was pretty much fine the rest of the day, thank goodness.  We did give him infant Tylenol and he slept a ton.  I'm glad he didn't cry too much or have any reactions on his legs where they stuck him.

With him being such an average sized baby, I would guess his clothes would fit just right in the time frame for which they were intended.  He's outgrowing his 3 month clothes already and some of his 3-6 month clothes are fitting perfectly.  I love his giraffe pj's.



Yesterday was Andrew's 25th birthday (and our dog Kyle's first birthday)!  I'm glad Andrew is such a good sport because I bought Toy Story party hats, plates, and cups for the big occasion.  I tried to find Harry Potter stuff, but they didn't have it anywhere!  My parents came Saturday and spent the night here.  It's always fun to have them come- my mom spoils us by cooking, cleaning, and waking up in the middle of the night with our cute little squirt.




 Life as a family of 3 has been great and keeps getting better as Jake becomes more and more interactive.  I can't believe he's already over 2 months old!

4 comments:

  1. Andrea he is so cute! I love how Jake and my little boy have a lot of the same clothes. Those giraffe pjs are too cute, especially on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we still lived by each other and could do play dates. It's fun how they are almost exactly the same age and are wearing some of the same clothes. We must have good taste :) I can't believe how cute (and big) Matix is!

      Delete
  2. Oh my. He's adorable! Jack used to hate his baths too because he would get chilly. I tried putting a washcloth on his belly and pouring water over it periodically to keep him warmer. It seemed to help him. I see you have a washcloth over him in the bath picture, but I thought that might just be for modesty. Maybe you have tried this, but I thought I would say something just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christa! My mother-in-law showed me that when she came to visit- that seems to help my little one as well. I can't believe how fast little Jack is growing! He's a doll!

      Delete