Sunday, November 11, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Andrew and I had another busy week.  Andrew spent all his time doing research and working on projects for school.  I spent a lot of time working.  Luckily it only took 34 hours for me to complete my work this week, rather than the 40 hours I've been putting in lately.  That gave me 6 more hours of sleep and playing with Jake!

Poor Jake.  I feel bad for him playing by himself for so many hours while Andrew and I are stuck doing other things.  He is extremely independent for a 10 month old, however.  Sometimes when we do have time to devote to playing with Jake, he'd rather play with his toys by himself.  Not usually, though.  He usually smiles and giggles when we make ridiculous noises and funny faces for him.  He also loves family dance parties.  His laugh. Ohh goodness.  It gets me every time.


Wednesday we had dinner with a family we've become good friends with here in Columbus.  He's in the statistics program with Andrew, which is how we met.  We're also members of the same church, although we go to different meetings.  They just had their 4th baby a couple of weeks ago, and it was so fun to hold such a cute, new little boy!  I can't believe how HUGE Jake is compared to a little newborn. It's amazing how fast they grow.

After having dinner with the Zimmerman's Wednesday, Michelle cut Jake's hair.  I wish I would have had my camera for the event, but alas, I did not.  He cried with the clippers, but once she gave him a sucker (his first- he loved it!), he did pretty well.  And he looks so cute and a lot older with his new do.  This was his second cut, both by her.  I'm so lucky to have a good friend who can do that!

BEFORE:


AFTER:



Another highlight of any "bath day" is bath time.  He gets so excited as soon as the water turns on.  In fact, any time he can get in the bathroom, he hurries to the tub and cries when we pull him away.  He knows what he wants, that's for sure!




Nothing else too exciting happened this week, but we had fun with our little munchkin and worked hard- another typical week here in the Olsen home.  We love our little family and the time we get to spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment