Sunday, November 18, 2012

Quiet, Please


This week we had a letter stuck in our door.  I certainly wasn't expecting it to be a complaint filed against us, but it was!

Apparently the people who live below us complained to the management that we are too loud!

If you know us at all, you know that Andrew and I really aren't the loud type.  At all.  We have a baby, who really is quite good and doesn't cry very often.  When the TV is on, Jake's typically asleep a couple rooms over, so obviously it isn't blaring.  We don't play music too often, but when we do, it's while I work and Andrew does homework.  And yes, we walk around, but we do live here.  Sheesh!

I was pretty flustered about the letter.  I don't often get complaints filed against me.  In fact, I'm pretty sure this is a first.

But what really made me upset is that since we received the notice, we've listened to the people below us fight and slam doors, scream at their kids, vacuum after midnight, their dog bark (which has woken Jake up), and the cigarette smell from them smoking in their apartment has leaked up to our bathroom and laundry room.

I'm probably a jerk for thinking this, but I really want to do exercise videos now.  Then they'd actually have something to complain about :)

2 comments:

  1. I always wonder if I'm being too loud during my exercise video.

    I'm sorry about the letter, I hate that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes people are looking for someone to blame for their problems. It sucks to be that person. I'm sorry Andrea! :(

    ReplyDelete