Sunday, May 13, 2012

Jake's Hat

My little brother Kory is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  We don't get to talk much, but we do e-mail back and forth every week.  Jake was born a couple weeks after Kory left for his 2 year church mission, so I always send pictures so Kory can at least see him grow up a little.  I sent this ridiculous picture of Jake in his new hat with an explanation that the doctor told us to get one that would cover him up to avoid exposing him to the sunlight before he turns 6 months old.


I wrote about other things going on in my e-mail to Kory, but his only response was this:

"I wanted to die of embarrassment when I saw that hat.  I have a ton of hats in my closet that might fit him.  Please feel free to use one if you would like."

We picked a hat out of Kory's closet when at my family's house for Mother's Day today, and I think it's still a little big...


As I mentioned before, we don't get to talk to Kory too often when he's on his mission, but today was one of those good days we were able to hear from him (Mother's Day and Christmas we can call him).  He seems to be doing great, and it was really good to hear his voice.  I'm very proud of him for giving up two years of his life to teach people in Brazil about Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment