Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference Weekend

We have been enjoying our conference weekend!

We are Mormons, or members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Every 6 months our prophet, now President Thomas S. Monson, and  his apostles speak to the members of the church, and to the world.  I love these weekends, with two 2 hour sessions each Saturday and Sunday.  So much good counsel is given.  It's really inspiring and makes me want to be better.



My parents came to watch the first session with us, then we all headed down to Beaver Creek to spend the rest of the weekend at Kim and Darrell's place.  We were pretty tight in the car, but managed to all fit...except Kyle had to sit on someone's lap- most of the time was on mine, but Jake's was his seat of choice.  Those two love each other!


We watched the next session with Kim and Darrell.  Darrell ate an apple, and Jake wanted it- and he wanted it bad!  Lucky for him, Uncle Darrell is a good sharer.  Jake loves apples!


Last night there was a session for the men.  So Andrew, my dad, and Darrell went off and Kim, Jake, my mom and I went to the dollar store.  I'm in a busy bag exchange with some friends from church and I'm making texture cards.  I got all the materials I needed and started on the project.

We met at Graeter's Ice Cream shop after- SO good.

This morning we went to the park- poor Jake, but it was only his 2nd trip to a playground.  He LOVES it!  It was chilly, so we had him in 2 pairs of pajamas and a hoodie.  All 7 of us and Kyle had a good time.




















The rest of the day we've been watching more conference, eating good food, and working on halloween wreaths.  What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment