Sunday, October 7, 2012

in = out

I know I'm a little behind, but a week ago, Jake turned 9 months!  I can't believe he's been alive as long as I was pregnant with him.  I felt like I was pregnant FOREVER!


He has learned so much from month 8 to 9!  Definitely the most exciting month yet.

The day after he turned 8 months, Jake figured out how to sit up himself from laying down.  Then in the next 30 days, he figured out crawling, pulling himself up on furniture, and cruising (walking around he furniture while holding on).

He's actually pretty good at pulling himself up on anything now.  Anything his little hands can stick to- like a mirror, or a window, the stove, or washing machine.  Essentially anything but the wall.



(that's his "why are you taking a picture of me now?" face)


He's also been eating more and more new things.  He seems to get a "rush" out of drinking out of our cups, breathing really heavy, wide eyes, and all his limbs flailing.  We get a kick out of it every time.

He's still a great sleeper, and I love seeing his different sleeping positions.


He and Kyle get along great.   I am so grateful Kyle is so patient and good with him- even when he's hit, poked in the face, has his fur pulled, or his tail twisted, he's still as nice as can be.  Kyle hangs out in the same room as Jake all the time and brings him his gross dog toys to play with.  Jake, as always, LOVES the dog.


He also loves bath-time.


And playing with himself in the mirror.



Now that he can crawl, he is EVERYWHERE.  When I was folding laundry the other day, I couldn't get him to stay close.  However, I got a good 10 minutes of him sitting still by putting him in the laundry basket.  That smile melts my heart!



We love Jake so much!  He's so adventurous, cheesy, fearless, sweet, fun, and cute.  The past 9 months have flown by, but we've enjoyed every minute and look forward to many more fun memories with our sweet boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment