Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day

This past Sunday was Andrew's first Father's Day as a dad.  I'm sue it wasn't exactly what he would have dreamed of, but it was a fun day to celebrate him being a dad.

We woke up at 4:50am Sunday in Utah.  We finished getting packed, got ready, and were out the door by 6am to head to the Provo airport.  We were happy to have Andrew's parents, brother, and sister come with us to say goodbye.  It was sad to leave them, especially with how fast Jake changes, but luckily we Skype every week so it doesn't seem like it'll be too long before we see them again.





After a sad goodbye, we got on the airplane and were off to Denver.  Jake did SO well.  That was a good Father's Day gift to Andrew!  We had a short layover and then flew from Denver to the Akron/Canton airport close to where my family lives.  Jake was great again, in fact he fell asleep before we took off and slept the first 30 or so minutes of the flight.



After waking up from falling asleep myself, I looked over to see Jake and Andrew taking a nap together.  I'm sure we were quite the site- all 3 of us sleeping.


When we arrived back in Ohio, my parents picked us up and we headed up to my grandparents house for the annual Father's Day picnic.  Unfortunately it rained a ton and we weren't able to ride all my grandpa's motor bikes, but we still had a great time.





This may be the only Father's day both Andrew and I are able to spend time with our dad's and Jake is able to see both of his grandpa's.  We did enjoy that!  Andrew and I are both so lucky to have such great fathers!  We love them both so much.

Jake is also lucky to have a great father!  It's so fun to see Jake's face light up when Andrew comes into the room.  Jake doesn't laugh for anyone like he does his dad, and it is so wonderful to watch them together.  Happy first Father's Day, Andrew!!



No comments:

Post a Comment