Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The rest of our trip to Utah

We had a great time visiting Andrew's family in Utah.  Saturday one of my very best friend's ever came to visit!  Holly was one of my first friends at BYU, although apparently she didn't like me at first :)  When I tell Andrew stories from my college years, Holly always seems to be there.  We had a lot of fun together and were roommates for more than half the time I was in school.  It was great to catch up with her!


When Holly left, we took a family trip to In-and-Out with everyone, which Andrew has been dying to do.  Jake was extremely interested in the food.  When he got a hold of Maddie's shake cup, he didn't want to let go!



Jake also enjoyed spending some time with his Great-Grandma Olsen.  It was also discovered during our Utah trip that Jake loves animated movies, and he watched the better part of Finding Nemo (in a number of sittings throughout the trip).  I'm afraid he's going to love TV, and soon!



Jake also took his first dip in a pool Saturday.  He's not 6 months old yet, so he can't wear sunscreen or go out into the sun.  However, Andrew's mom got him the cutest little blow-up pool, which we had to use!  We waited until the sun was mostly down and gave him his bath outside.  I don't think he knew what to think about it at first, but by the end he was splashing around and clearly enjoying himself.








After a big day, we were all exhausted, especially Jake!


We had a great time with Andrew's family and can't wait to see them again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment