Thursday, August 16, 2012

It's hard work growing teeth!

Sunday Jake looked so cute in his long sleeve button up shirt.  I have a thing for adorable baby clothes, especially ones that look like something Andrew would wear.






Yesterday and today, Jake has been super grumpy off and on.  I knew his front tooth was really coming through, but when Andrew and I checked out his mouth this evening, his gums were bleeding and everything.  I feel so bad for the poor little guy!



We've gotten a bit more creative in making him happy.  I don't know how we're going to eventually handle a baby that actually cries frequently.




Lucky for me, my mom stayed with us Monday through Wednesday to help out with Jake while I worked.  Lucky for her, Jake wasn't too grumpy while she was here.  Jake does love having someone to entertain him.

Then Tuesday my friend Breanne came to stay while she finds a place to live.  She's here in Columbus to do a Master's program at Ohio State.  Jake has liked having her here, and we've enjoyed it too.  Tonight when Jake was crying, she held him and eventually he fell asleep!  Poor teething little guy!

Hopefully this darn tooth finishes breaking through soon!  My sweet little man is just not himself, and I feel so bad for him.  The infant Tylenol just isn't cutting it.  I hope no more teeth decide to come for awhile- 5 seems good for now!

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel your pain about the teething...it is zero fun for everyone. You should try the Hyland brand teething tablets...they are a "homeopathic" tablet that just dissolves in baby's mouth. I'm not into all the natural, holistic stuff, but these have chamomile and other natural ingredients that help make baby less irritable and more sleepy! Or, find the ora-gel that comes in the little q-tips...it makes applying it so much easier! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips- I'm seriously willing to try anything at this point. It's no fun for anyone at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, teething can be horrible! I'm sorry! My boys have liked gnawing on cold or frozen fruit sometimes when their teeth have been coming through. Thanks for letting Breanne stay with you guys!

    ReplyDelete