Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Great 8

Jake is 8 months today!  I cannot believe how fast it's gone, but then in other ways I look back and can't remember what life was like without him.  What the heck did we do all day?


This past month Jake picked up on a few things.  My favorite has been smiling for the camera.  All I have to do is pull it out and hello cheesy grin and squinty eyes.  Oh what an adorable face!




Jake's 6th tooth is finishing coming through, and I think this has been the worst of them all!  My normally laid back little man has been a lot more demanding the past few days, and I know exactly why when I look at his gums stretched so thin, red, and swollen.  That darn tooth better finish coming in fast!

Jake LOVES his dog.  Loves, loves, LOVES.  Unfortunately he now enjoys kissing him, which really consists of getting as close to him as possible and opening his mouth for the dog to lick inside.  YUCK!  I never thought I'd get a picture of that awful sight, but when I was trying to get a picture of the two of them together yesterday, I did.  Definitely an accident, but fun to document I suppose.  I guess he doesn't know where that gross dog tongue has been...




Another favorite for Jake is bath time.  He now stays in until the water starts to get cool and his fingers and toes turn into raisins.  And he smiles the entire time.


Jake still isn't crawling.  We are so lucky!  Andrew and I joke that when he starts to, we'll push him over.  Of course we wouldn't, but we're enjoying the last little bit of time when he can't get too far.  He's an excellent roller, but can't make it through the doorways yet.  Life is going to get a little crazier when he's mobile.

He's now to the point where he gets on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, but then he gets tired and lays down to rest.  Oh I love this little boy!


Last night Andrew lowered Jake's crib!  I learned I have to kiss him goodnight before putting him in his crib from now on- he's way to low for me to reach anymore.  Just tonight for the first time he got EXTREMELY close to sitting up from laying while in his crib (we were reading in his room when we first put him to bed).  I can't believe how fast he's growing and learning!


As of late Jake has been making new noises.  His favorites are kissing, clicking, and gasping for breath.  The first time he made the gasping noise I thought he must have asthma and freaked out a little.  But then he saw he got a reaction out of me and laughed.  Now he does it ALL the time.  He has also picked up on singing a little.  When we're in the car with music playing, he hums along, and it is the cutest thing.  Andrew and I always look at each other, smile, and say how lucky we are to have such a sweet little boy.

Jake also loves kicking.  And boy can he kick.  I knew before he was even born that he liked to move his legs, and he hasn't disappointed...at all.  He kicks in the tub, sitting on the floor, in his carseat, and most of all when we put him in his crib.

He's also starting to notice when we take things away from him.  He used to not care when we took something from him that he shouldn't have, but that's changed recently.  He also seems to know when we leave the room.  I wish he wouldn't have figured that out, but at least he loves us and wants us around :)  He loves leaving the apartment (and will cry if he watches Andrew or I leave without him), being outside, our porch, going in the car, grocery shopping, and going on walks in his stroller.



We love this little boy to pieces and have enjoyed the past 8 months as his parents.  I can't believe how blessed we are to have him!

2 comments:

  1. Andrea he is getting so big and so dang cute! I love all his teeth. Matix is just a few weeks behin jake and Matix barely has 2 teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when you think they can't possibly get ANY cuter...they totally do! I LOVE his cheesy toothy smile! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete